Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cinnamon Crumble Bread

I have never made bread before, and I was going to do banana bread but Danny informed me he doesn't like banana bread so I found this cinnamon one and it looked so good! So here it is! I thought it would come out a little bit thicker (like the loaf would be taller) but it tasted great..Good luck!




Ready in: 30-60 minutes
Serves/Makes: 10
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
***CRUMBLE TOPPING***
3 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a loaf pan. Sift the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. With an electric mixer at low speed, beat in the milk, butter, and egg.

Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes (I did 40 but I think i'll do 35 next time and check), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

For Crumble Topping: Dot the butter over the cake. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon. Cool the loaf completely in the pan on a rack.

1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic Kelly! Momma is SO proud of you! I wish I could have some! But I know her sending it to FLFD... and rightly so... Now get started on a loaf for the rest of us!

    Love
    Mom :)

    ReplyDelete